bloomsartgallery.yolasite.com

Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Romantic God Equals Romantic Couples

I had the privilege during the month of February to visit three churches/fellowships and reminded them and myself what a loving GOD we have and that He is the author of Marriage and Intimacy. Our spouses and children are GOD's gifts to us and we should value them very much. The Word of GOD says, "An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life...She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue...Her children rise up and bless her; her husband also, and he praises her, saying; 'Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all.' Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." I will eternally be grateful to GOD for giving me such a wife and mother of my children. I praise and thank GOD that He allowed us to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary last year. My honest but selfish prayer is that if He tarries, will allow us, by His graces and mercies to be able to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary and to travel worldwide and to talk/encourage couples to rejoice and be exhilarated always with the love they have for each other. A writer once said, that an ideal marriage is the union of two good forgivers. The writer of the Old Testament book of Ecclesiastes said, "Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun." A few years back GOD allowed me and my wife together with our three children to spend one wedding anniversary weekend at a very romantic beach resort called Antulang (an hour's drive south of Dumaguete City, Philippines). It was in this resort that I was able to witness the awesome beauty of a moonrise and a sunset simultaneously in just one afternoon. But more than these, I praise and thank GOD that together with the writer of the Old Testament book of Song of Songs, I can say to my wife: "How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are! Your eyes are like doves behind your veil; ...You are altogether beautiful, my darling, and there is no blemish in you." That reminds me that I have to request my kind and lovely niece to provide me with the lyrics of the song, "I Go Crazy" because I want to serenade and sing to my wife and remind her... "that when I look in your eyes, I still go crazy." All honor, glory, praises, and thanksgiving be alone to the Romantic GOD that I, my wife, and children love and adore. We can only love Him, because He first loved us. He is my and our Heavenly Bridegroom.

No comments: