bloomsartgallery.yolasite.com

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Time With the Children

Thanks be to GOD for the privilege to talk with the children in one of the public schools of the first town north of Dumaguete City, yesterday (March 3, 2007) 9:30 to 11:00 in the morning. It was on the dangers of alcoholism. Part of the lecture showed that larger quantities of alcohol taken inhibit or depress higher thought processes, bolstering self-confidence and reducing inhibition, anxiety, and guilt. As a person becomes intoxicated , painful or embarrassing situations appear less threatening and, as drinking progresses, speech may become loud and slurred. Impaired judgment may lead to incautious behavior, and physical reflexes and muscular coordination my become noticeably affected. If drinking continues, complete loss of physical control follows, ending in stupor, and possibly death. The Word of GOD in the Old Testament said: "It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, or for rulers to desire strong drink, for they will drink and forget what is decreed, and pervert the rights of all the afflicted." In the New Testament the Word of GOD says: "And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit..." May GOD help us parents to live godly lives and showing good moral examples to our children. As a father and head of the family I will be mainly answerable to GOD if my wife and children would not be able to enter His Kingdom. As the pastor, and provider for the home I have to rear and train up my children in "The Way" that they should go so that even when they get old they will not depart from it. JESUS sternly warns everyone: ..."But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." Fathers, have you been a godly example to your wife and children? Have you hugged them, kissed them, and most especially prayed with them today? Have mercy on me O GOD and help me to become the kind of husband and father that you want me to be. Transform me with your renewing love and transform my household as they see You being lived out in my life daily. In Jesus Name I humbly pray. Amen.

No comments: