bloomsartgallery.yolasite.com

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Perfect FATHER!!!

I had the privilege to share GOD's Word at the Dumaguete Christian Church last June 24, 2007, (Father's Day is celebrated during this month) and the title of that message "The Perfect FATHER" was borrowed from my wife Muffet's Sunday Devotional Message published at the Negros Chronicle (one of the local newspapers of Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines). The New Testament book of Luke and Chapter Fifteen was used as the text for that message and without my knowing was the same text that DCC Deacon Peter Chuang used the previous Sunday as he shared GOD's Word. GOD in His mysterious and humorous ways used Peter and Andrew to expound on Him as the Perfect FATHER. Luke Chapter Fifteen emphasized firstly the Father's heart of GOD and His awesome love for the lost. Secondly, it emphasized man's lostness and ultimate need for GOD. The New Testament book of John, chapter three, and verse sixteen, says, "For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." In the New Testament book of Romans, chapter five, and verse eight, says, "But GOD demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Someone commented on Luke 15:11-32 (The Parable of the Prodigal Son) this way: "Of all the parables, this comes closest to giving us a glimpse of the hallowed face of God. It illustrates that God's love is beyond justice, beyond reason---that He ever hungers for the return of a sinner. The righteous are His already; they have His love. But they are not to be self-righteous, nor jealous of their position in His eyes. They are to love with His own love---to yearn as He does for the return of their wandering brothers. "The Perfect Father" might be a more descriptive title for this gem of a parable."

O Perfect Heavenly FATHER, You alone are worthy of all my worship, love, adoration, and thanksgiving. Thank you very much for sending Your only begotten Son, my LORD JESUS CHRIST, to die on the cross for my sins. Have mercy on me and make me grow and mature into the husband and father that you want me to be. Let me learn from You daily for You are gentle and humble in heart. Thank you very much for giving me the best wife and the best children; and by Your graces and mercies, teach me every moment to love them unconditionally. Thank you very much that June 29 was my 21st spiritual birthday and faithfully and patiently You have sustained me and blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in CHRIST. Thank you very much for allowing us as a family to be refreshed and enjoy Your bountiful blessings last June 30 and July 1 at the Blue Moon Specials at Antulang Beach Resort. May You find us as a couple and family excited and abounding in Your work and looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great GOD and Savior, CHRIST JESUS. I offer this prayer in JESUS Most Holy Name. Amen.




No comments: